**We hand-picked these 3 action-packed essays full of great ideas for your consulting biz.** Enjoy!
## Passing the Holy Milestone: How to Meet Deadlines
Deadlines: they’re hard to love.
> “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”
— *Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy*
And yet they’re essential.
[This guide from Smashing Magazine](http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/07/28/passing-the-holy-milestone-how-to-meet-deadlines/) (we hearts them!) is everything you could want in an essay about deadlines:
* no nonsense
* full of graphs
* full of concrete, actionable advice
* *completely devoid* of useless feel-better fluff
## The Dark Art of Pricing
You may know Jessica Hische for her beautiful hand-lettering work, her illustration work, or her Dropcap a Day work.
But she’s also a biz smartie.
Check out her advice on [The Dark Art of Pricing](http://www.jessicahische.is/obsessedwiththeinternet/andhelpingyougetpaid/the-dark-art-of-pricing) and stretch your financial muscles.
*(Hint: the trick is that you have to track **all** your time, including time you can’t bill for. Like prospecting, sales time, contract prep, and all those little changes you don’t bother to track. Cuz the money is just slipping through your fingers.)*
## 101 Ideas to Get More Work & Generate Leads
Well, the title of [this blog post on 101 Ideas to Get More Work & Generate Leads](http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/101-ideas-to-get-more-freelance-work-and-generate-new-client-leads/) is pretty self-explanatory.
Once you’ve read that list, download & print out these handy dandy *actionable* self-promo checklists tailored just for you, you rogue agent you:
* [Weekly Self-Promo ACTION SHEET for Indies](http://letsfreckle.com/institute-of-awesome/downloads/InstituteOfAwesomeDay10.pdf)
* [Monthly Self-Promo ACTION SHEET for Indies](http://letsfreckle.com/institute-of-awesome/downloads/InstituteOfAwesomeDay11.pdf)
* [Yearly Self-Promo ACTION SHEET for Indies](http://letsfreckle.com/institute-of-awesome/downloads/InstituteOfAwesomeDay12.pdf)
## What Are YOUR Favorite Reads?
Let us know in the comments!
*Photo CC [redwood1](http://www.flickr.com/photos/29838086@N06/3557952994/) – thanks!*